100 Word Challenge- Week 30

Gerald was having a sleepover at his cousin’s house when he heard a strange noise outside. It was only 2 AM, but he still got up, into his slippers, and walked outside. When Gerald was outside, he turned in the direction of a strange noise from the trampoline. It sounded like jumping and … laughing. Gerald was really confused. Then, he walked over and found three raccoons jumping on the trampoline and squeaking with joy! Gerald just couldn’t stop laughing. He called his cousin, and together they jumped on the trampoline until morning, when the raccoons had to go back to sleep.

Note: This post was featured on the Showcase page for the 100 Word Challenge.  Because of that, British cartoonist, Terry Culkin, decided to draw the cartoon pictured above based on my story.

2 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge- Week 30

1. Isabelle, this is such a great idea for the prompt and it has me laughing too. Your use of language has drawn me right into the scene.
    I’d like to recommend it for the showcase.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jackie (Team 100WC)
    New Zealand

• Hello. Thank you for reading my blog. It was a really fun prompt to write for. Come back to my blog soon!
      -Isabelle